Nov. 1st Deadline: What are your plans A, B, & C?
- Colleges (2 yr.) or Universities (4 yr.): Use www.applytexas.org for Texas schools.
- Other Schools: commonapp.org
- Tech/trade schools or license/certification programs-Check their websites.
- Military interest—see Mrs. Sims & a military recruiter
Recruiters coming during ADVISORY (must have a pass to attend):
- Navy—Oct. 23rd 9:00-10:00 AM (2nd period)
- Marines—Oct. 23rd 12:30-1:30 PM (5th period)
- Army—Oct. 24th 12:30-1:30 (5th period)
- Air Force—Oct. 25th 1:30-2:30 PM (Advisory)
- Angelina College-Nov. 2nd (ADVISORY)
College & Career Fair is Nov. 13th
Plan on visiting some prospective colleges, schools, military folks, and career people/buisnesses. Get some valuable info. from places you’ve been accepted to OR learn some new things about various post HHS experiences!
Sending Transcripts-See Mrs. Sims or mail her (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- TAKE YOUR SAT or ACT in Nov. or Dec. IF applying to a 4 yr. school!
- ACT on Oct. 28th & Dec. 9th (dealine is Nov. 3rd)
- SAT on Nov. 4th (deadine Oct. 5th) & Dec. 2nd (deadline Nov. 2nd)
- TSI tests need to be taken BEFORE you register for college/university classes (see “TSI” for sign ups)
- Upcoming TSI dates: Oct. 26, Nov. 1 & 2, Nov. 15 & 16, Nov. 29 & 30 (choose from 8: 00 AM or 12:00 noon testing sessions)
SAT & ACT Scores—Go to www.collegeboard.org or www.act.org to send
Mrs. Sims can send TSI Scores next semester to any college/university!
Pay for College:
- FAFSA opens Oct. 1st (FAFSA Workshops for students/parents Oct. 23 in HHS library and Nov. 7th during the day-SIGN UP FOR AN APPOINTMENT)
- Scholarships will be on the bulletin board outside the GO Center . Lots of books, binders, and other resources inside the GO Center.
Make a plan & work your plan! Many people will support you, but you have to initiate and get moving in the direction you want to go!!!
GO Center Counselor/Coordinator